Tuesday, October 19, 2010






Hi All,

I decided, since I wasn't working at the time, it was about time that I did something with all this wool around here (besides using it as insulation). So, yesterday I started to clean up the 2nd largest bedroom and make it into a studio for knitting, sewing, spinning, and writing. BUT, this is how it looked AFTER I removed 7, count them, seven bags of *&^%.

This picture (above) is right in front of the door looking into the room. To the right are about 20 bags of fleece I plan of scouring and spinning into yarn - most of it is varying shades of Shetland, with an occassional border Leicester cross thrown in for good measure. The colors range from Shetland black to grey to different shades of moorit (brown, to the uninitiated) so a white with grey fibers.


This picture is to the left of the door and shows more fleeces in the black bags, some books I need to decide whether to keep or not and an old chest of drawers.
This picture is toward corner next to the big south facing double window. There is a lot of light in this room during the day, even in the winter.
I plan to take the entrance door to the room and make it into the desk/sewing table/knitting table. I also plan on moving the love seat from the living room into this room, painting the walls, and putting up a cork bulletin board.
So, come back often and see how this room is changing from a junk room into a studio where I can write and make yarns, and sew.
Til then,
BYE.

No comments: