Thursday, November 22, 2007

Well, I finally got the fence up so that Chloe can be outside without her tie-out on.
And this is what happens when an active 65 pound coonhound is attached to a 30 foot plastic wrapped 1/8 inch tie-out after 1 year of use. Needless to say, Chloe did one hell of a number on the poor thing - she had it soooo knotted up that when I tried to measure it, it only measured about 15 foot long!!! If anyone has anything they need tied up, I have a girl that is willing to work on it and she get paid in cookies!!!
Now,Girl-pup can run her big feet off.
It was funny when I first let her out after finishing the fence. I put her collar on with its bell and opened the back door. She didn't realize that she didn't have the tie-out on and would only go as far as the tie-out would let her. But then, she saw one of the sheep near the new fence and she was off like a shot, got to the fence and turned around, ran back to me with a look on her face like " MOM, what happened ??? I went out to the fence and didn't hit the end of the tie-out??? " After that, she has been all over the yard running full out and wearing herself out so that when she comes in she collapses into a heap and sleeps soundly for about 2 hours at a time. Thank goodness for fences!!!
P.S. Don't believe the date stamp on the picture - I haven't had the time to change it after I put new batteries in the camera. One more thing on my " to-do " list. * sigh *

No comments: